I’m sure many Star Wars fans have the Star Wars Fonts set, “SF Distant Galaxy” and/or “Star Jedi.” What these don’t have are the updated symbols from the new prequel trilogy. I’ve managed to update the font “SF Distant Galaxy Symbols” to include these new additions to the Star Wars Universe. I hope fans will find this font set useful in various fan projects.
Full Description of Font Set:
- Aurebesh Character Set tied to lower-case alphabet
- Naboo Character Set tied to upper-case alphabet
- Rebel Alliance Emblem
- New Republic Insignia
- Galactic Empire Emblem
- Galactic Empire Emblem Inverted
- Republic Credits Currency Symbol
- Mandalorian Insignia
- Mandalorian Symbol
- Black Sun Symbol
- Sith Symbol
- Galactic Senate Emblem
- New Jedi Order Crest
- Confederacy of Independent Systems (Separatists) Symbol
- Jedi Order Emblem
- Galactic Republic Symbol
- Sith Empire Emblem
- Traditional Star Wars Logo
- Traditional Star Wars Logo Outline
- Retro Star Wars Logo
- Retro Star Wars Logo Opaque
- Empire Strikes Back Logo
- Empire Strikes Back Logo Slanted
- Return of the Jedi Logo
- Episode Logos for I-VI
- Various Prepositions for forming Custom Star Wars Logos
- Kir Kanos Imperial Royal Guard Academy symbol
The original font set was created by ShyWedge, but his site ShyFonts.com, has long since closed. His last version of “SF Distant Galaxy” was 2.5. The Current version is 4.0.
**Update** ShyFonts.com is now the new ShyFoundry.com
Requests welcome: If there are any other symbols you would like to see included, please let me know.
To install these fonts in windows, just copy the file to C:\Windows\Fonts
If you’re running OS X or Linux, you’re smart enough to figure it out yourself.
If you are Looking for complete fonts sets such as Aurebesh or other various languages seen in the films, you’ll find them all here.
A very large, constantly updated and nearly complete gallery of star wars symbols, emblems and various insignia can be found on Wookieepedia.
If you’re looking for more free fonts, check out the great site DaFont.com.